Friday, October 04, 2013

Ten Years In Ten Days: The Role Changes

As we started our third year of marriage (2005-2006), my job got much more involved with helping out with the executive team as a friend, confidante, and other roles as needed.  This would also result in my first two trade shows, which were about two weeks apart: one in Austin, Texas and the other in Las Vegas, Nevada.  This was my first trip to Vegas, and I truly enjoyed myself.  I don't know if I can say it was more or less than I expected; it was a little bit of both.  I think I was the only one that manned our booth for the entire time we were at the shows (and I think that record stayed intact for my entire career when I did trade shows), but that was OK by me.  I still got to spend some leisure time as well.  Just walking around and looking at stuff was most of the fun for me.

Most of that year was spent handling work business, but still making time to spend with TL&TME.  No matter what has come around, she has always been supportive of what I am doing with an understanding that is unmatched.  But, we will save all of the sappy stuff for next Friday.

BB

No comments: