Thursday, October 10, 2013

Ten Years In Ten Days: The Road Dims & Brightens

We are up to year nine of the Ervin household all having the same last name (2011-2012), and we would start it with Ken Belcher and myself leaving the church we played together at for a new experience.  We would wind up at New Community Church, at the request of one of his daughters.  We totally dug the place, and we still attend there to this day.  I even work with the Praise & Worship team from time to time.

Another important wrinkle to this story is that by moving churches, Ken and I decided to start our own music ministry.  And thus, Grace Descending was born.  We have been working together for over three years, and Grace D takes up about two thirds of it.  There have been ups and downs, but the ministry itself has been an amazing reward for me.

In December of 2011, I would end my six month unemployment period by getting a job with HMS as the Supervisor of Nesting (Training).  I am still there, with my role expanding and evolving seemingly daily.  I worked 2nd shift until recently, which prohibited me from seeing my wife as often as I would like to, but now I work 1st shift, so come tomorrow, we can celebrate properly without either of us having to take time off to do so.

Things would continue to roll, with the next significant event happening in September of 2012.  Jenn went to a Farmer's Market with her best friend, and there she would see that the local ASPCA had a booth.  She sat at a table near it, and a small black and white cat would peek out of a kennel and run right up to her and sit in her lap, purring like there was no tomorrow.  After some discussion, Jasper Bartholomew Ervin would come to live with us, giving us two cats now.  (And NO, there will not be a third.)  He and Hunter are actually very good for each other, and Hunter has even mellowed out quite a bit.  I guess his little brother tuckers him out. (And YES, I tried to get Jenn to name him Shawn, but she wouldn't get duped twice.)

BB

No comments: