Friday, October 04, 2013

Ten Years In Ten Days: The Adventure Changes

During our second year of marriage (2004-2005), one of the biggest changes in our lives together would happen when I would leave Sports City Cafe and retire from the DJ/Karaoke business (for the first time).  In March of 2005, I started on a career in the healthcare industry, which I continue on in to this day.  That first weekend where I didn't have to work felt a little strange (I didn't have weekends completely off in about seven years), but it was nice to be able to see my wife when the sun was still up, and more than just a couple of times a week.  She also started a new step in her career, as she would take a promotion to the Major Accounts department at her work.

Shortly after I would start with this job, Jenn would go on a cruise that was also a fundraiser for her cousin's children.  (Yep.  That happened.)  I could not go with her, so her friend Tamy joined her for this week-long excursion through Central America.  It was the longest we had been apart to that point, and I remember her calling me in the middle of the day from a port of call, and just getting very emotional when we started talking.  She did have a great time, and I am still looking forward to my first cruise experience.  I also took a turn-and-burn trip to San Francisco during that week that I didn't know about until after that call, so by the time she got home, I had been to the West Coast and back.  I was not there very long, but really enjoyed my time on the West Coast.

That summer, we would also bring SummerBamm to the house, as we had about 60 people over to celebrate me turning one year older.  Had a GREAT time at that party, and the couple that would follow in the years that would follow.

As we celebrated our second anniversary, life was really in a good place.

No comments: