Thursday, May 26, 2005

Techno-Boogie

I got a new toy last night.

I've been wanting an MP3 player for a little while now, as it makes sense: my musical tastes can change so quickly, and carrying over 1,000 CD's with me everywhere I go just doesn't make a lot of sense. I was really hoping to get a 60 GB player, but I don't want to shell out almost $500, so I figured a 30 GB would work for now.

I found one I want at my local Best Buy for a decent price (under $200), but they were out. So I went to the Ultimate Electronics down the street, since they're closing, and the biggest one they had was a 20 GB, which I CAN'T go to. The next stop was Circuit City, which is right down the street from our house. They had a 40 GB for right at $200, as it was an Open Box item, so we got it. Open Box doesn't bother me, and the girl at the store said it should be okay and complete.

After another trip to Best Buy to get an FM transmitter, it was back to the house to start loading music. Or so I thought.

The only thing in the bag was the home charger. So, after a bit of cursing and fuming I ran back to Circuit City (it was 8:30 by this time) to find the rest of my purchase. Luckily, the brother of a good friend of mine works there, so he could try to expidite the process. It took about 45 minutes for everything to be resolved, and all I got out of the deal was the USB cable to plug it into the computer. That's better than nothing, but I kinda wanted to get the travel case that is supposed to come with it. The software I was able to get off of the website (God BLESS the internet), and I didn't really want the earbuds anyway. I've got better headphones at the house.

I've gotten a few CD's loaded into it (had to delete a bunch of classical music that was on there from the previous owner), and it works like a charm. So, a medium-sized shout out goes out to the Mesquite Best Buy.

BB

No comments: