Monday, February 04, 2013

This Is A Life? Chapter 7: First Grade

I entered the first grade in the fall of 1979.  As the world was about to be turned on its head with what could be considered one of the most progressive decades in the history of the United States, I was starting to become aware more and more of my surroundings and that maybe I was a bit of a smart cookie.  My reading level was three years ahead of my classmates, and I was starting to come to the awareness of my geekiness.  My first grade teacher was Ms. Heiney (and yes, it is pronounced EXACTLY how you think it is), and she was very good at her job.  I remember her constantly keeping our attention with her lesson plans and fostering our creativity.  Kickball was THE thing to do at this point, and my love for basketball was starting here as well.  When I think of those days, this song always comes to mind:


Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.  See you Friday!

Rob

No comments: