Friday, February 22, 2013

This Is A Life? Chapter 10: The World Changes

In 1982, my fourth grade year began.  My teacher's name was Mr. Fraebel, and his wife was from France. The cool part about that was that he took it upon himself to teach his classes each year a bit of French, and we would begin and end each day in brief French conversation.  He was also a very innovative soul, and kept us involved in the school as a whole.  He actually had us do our own class choir, and we performed a couple of times during the school lunch period.  We called ourselves "Fame" and I even made the flyer for it by tracing the logo off of the soundtrack record that I had.  (I didn't understand copyright infringement back then.  Cut me some slack.  :-) )  The reason that I picked the video I picked for this is two-fold:  1 - This album was released and absolutely took the world by STORM, and 2 - During a "Fame" performance, we played this song, and at one point, Mr. Fraebel stuck the mic clear up in my grill, and I was singing to the entire lunch room.  So, I guess you could say that this was truly my first performance in front of my peers.


We'll do it all again Monday!

Rob

No comments: