Monday, January 14, 2013

This Is A Life? Chapter 3: Songs From The Madre, Part 2

We are still in my early childhood here while still in Iowa in this series.  I actually remember quite a bit of those years, including doing the requisite bath in the sink (I even remember "Hee-Haw" being on the small black & white TV that we had in the place back then.

One year for Christmas, my mom even made me a denim jumpsuit and gave me a little Mickey Mouse guitar that had a wind up music box type thing inside of it.  (It was the '70s; leave me alone.)

Some of my best memories of the little apartment we had were those times of singing with Mom while she played acoustic guitar.  This is another one of those that I distinctly put in that time frame, and if you don't know Croce, you'd better get educated.  Dude was AWESOME.


I promise these will get more in-depth as time goes on.  No pun intended.

Rob

No comments: