Friday, January 11, 2013

This Is A Life? Chapter 2: Songs From The Madre, Part 1

The next couple of entries in this journey are a couple of songs that are distinctly attached to my early childhood.  My mom was a music major for a bit in college (go figure, right?), and she could play the heck out of a guitar.  There was a repertoire of songs that she would sing to me, but a couple of them really stood out.  This entry's selection is one of them:


To this day, when I hear this song, I think of the guitar my mom used to play that she stripped and stained herself.  At one point, she also had a 12-string that she played, and I still love the sound of a well-played 12-string guitar.  For a bit, this song was even her ring tone on my phone when she would call.

The other part of this chapter comes Monday, so check back!

Rob

No comments: