Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bamm-Bamm's Corner, 10/29/2009

Hello, true believers! Let's get to it...

We start with iMpact! Yes, iMpact. My DVR actually got it this week, due to a rerun by CSI:.

So, I guess the Main Event Mafia is done. Unless.... but I'm gettting ahead of myself.

I'm not real on board with the new graphic thing they're doing with the wrestlers. You guys have been on the air long enough; you don't need to tell us things about their finishers and stuff. Hell, even ROH isn't doing that anymore.

I will say this about the diva formerly known as Krystal and now known as Mrs. Bobby Lashley, she looks GREAT. I just hope there's not a her-turning-on-her-husband-for-Steiner-thing. I'm not sure if Steiner is stable enough to handle that kind of thing. Dude's a bit off-center, IF you know what I mean.

MORE PROMOS FROM THE MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS! 'Nuff said. These guys are GOLD.

"Meanest Girls"? REALLY? Lame. And this was my first look at Lacey Von Erich. It's called "promo school". Look into it. You're a VON ERICH, for God's sake.

Believe me when I say this: a Dudley Boyz (they'll always be that to me... sue me) heel turn is on the way, and it ain't far off.

Good to see Nigel... I mean Desmond Wolf make his debut. I just don't think he'll be feuding with Angle for very long. Until....

Lastly (for now... Until....), I wanna know how you can get disqualified in a Six Sides Of Steel Match. It's in a CAGE. What a puss way to get out of that one.

Now, let me say that with SmackDown!, I watched it AFTER I saw "Bragging Rights," so the change of Team SmackDown! wasn't that big of a deal to me. Cryme Tyme didn't make that much sense there anyway. Not that Matt does, but whatever. Having watched it after the PPV also could not have made me care less about the opening segment of the show, but I do it for you people. Again, not a recap column, but you never know what nuggets of greatness could come through. Oh wait, this show isn't live... damn.

The only other thing of note is simple: Escobar, PICK AN ACCENT. What were you: Italian, Hispanic, or what? What the crap was THAT?

No Sign Of The Week. Step up your game, people.

Ring Of Honor, Ring Of Honor, Ring Of Honor. The things I do for you people.

So, this week we get the news from the broadcast that Jim Cornette has joined the ranks as an "Executive Producer," which happened for the real world A MONTH AGO. My GOD, how far behind are these tapings? Makes WCW Saturday Night look current when it aired.

And I'm kind of torn on the Necrobutcher. I mean, I know the dude was in "The Wrestler," and he's got that Mick Foley crazy to him (I still think Abyss tries too hard), but I also wonder if he had been somebody a decade ago. It just seems like his bit isn't as effective as it could have been before. But, the dude gets a pop in Ring Of Honor, so god speed, sir.

RAW seemed to be another snore-fest this week. But, here we go anyway...

Oh yeah, before I forget, if you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, come by Sports City Cafe in Mesquite Monday night for our first in a series of Raw Watching Parties, which will lead up to our first WWE Pay-Per-View in over a DECADE as we carry "Tables, Ladders, & Chairs" on December 13th LIVE. We really want this to be a huge success, so BE THERE!

Now that I'm done schilling... Wait a sec, this is MY column. If I wanna schill, I'm gonna schill. Deal with it.

So, was Busch supposed to be a heel manager and Logano was a face manager? Didn't really pull that off now, did we?

"The Baby Oil Boys Club"? Now, THAT'S comedy, my friends.

So Kofi now hails from a third home town of Boston (did you catch that on the PPV?). I'll tell you what: this version of Kofi I am TOTALLY on board with. Let this dude loose. Seriously. GREAT stuff there.

And I TOTALLY don't get this Triple Threat match. I've talked about this before, Triple H and HBK have reached that point in their careers where they have transcended even the belt, so they don't really need it. I know that Randy has now been shut out of the title picture for a while, but I'd be on board with Cena battling the other two guys in Legacy for a bit. Would make things more interesting with the eventual turn by one of them, like Randy had to do when he won the belt while with Evolution.

Now, ECW.

Byron Sexton? I know the dude's been working in FCW for a while, but maybe it wasn't time to bring him up to The Show just yet. Wow, this guy is bad. Why can't Striker do double duty? It's not like they do both shows in the same place on the same night or anything...

It amazes me that Shelton Benjamin has been with the WWE for 8 years now. Talk about time flying. And somewhere in America, Charlie Haas is going, "Isn't there somebody else I haven't parodied yet? What about me? What about Haas?" Oh wait, he's married to Jackie Gayda. Carry on...

Been wondering where all of the "Until..."s came from in the iMpact segment? Well, wonder no more. Not wondering? Read anyway.

Well, my planned Topic Of The Week this week has to be put off again due to the announcement 48 hours ago that Hulk Hogan has signed with TNA, and is bringing Eric Bischoff with him. There are conflicting reports of what Hogan's role will be. Immense radio douche Bubba The Love Sponge seems to be telling anyone who will listen that Hogan and Bischoff will be running things, but sources inside the organization say that the booking team will still be the booking team. There is no doubt that Hogan will still have creative control (the dude's had it for almost two decades after all), but what can TNA do with him?

My first thought is that they turn him heel, and he emerges as the new Godfather of the Main Event Mafia. After all, you've already got Nash and Steiner from the old nWo days. I'm not sure if rehashing Hogan/Sting could get the heat that it did twelve years ago, but you never know. You've also got the Jarrett dynamic that you can throw out there.

My issue is that I don't know if he can keep up with some of the younger guys. AJ and Joe can run circles around him at this point, and I just don't know if the chemistry would be there for anybody else.

I haven't decided yet if Hogan is Favre-ing his legacy at this point, but the dude's getting bled dry by his vampiric ex-wife, so work is work, I guess.

As far as Bischoff, I have NO idea where to go with this. From what I have read, he is going to stay behind the scenes with Jason Hervey on a producer's standpoint, but I'm not sure he can. The dude loves to be on camera, and I think it will get to him at some point. I would love to see the Dudleyz do a shoot on him, then take him on as their manager. How bizarre would that be?

Plus, I can't wait for Hogan's first encounter with Jay Lethal. New Mega Powers, anyone?

That's it for this week, my friends and neighbors. Make sure you come see us on Monday night. I'll be there, taking notes for next week's column. Annnnnd... out.

BB

No comments: