Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Week That Was

So, I tried to make an entry earlier this week that was actually pretty good, and as I saved it, my computer locked up. I ended up losing the whole thing because I'm not smart enough to save as I go, so I'll try to put some pieces together in a "random thoughts" style:

1- THE SUPER BOWL

-My prognostication skills are improving. Got the spread wrong, but I was right with the under. I'm still not confident enough to gamble, and probably never will be.

-Here's my favorite stat: NEW ENGLAND's Rodney Harrison caught more passes from PHILADELPHIA's Donovan McNabb than PHILADELPHIA's Freddie Mitchell. This is why you don't run your mouth.

-As far as the halftime show goes, my wife enjoyed it (she's a HUGE Beatles fan), but I thought it was just kinda plain. I did like the video ramps, but not even any choreography? COME ON. This post-Nipplegate era is getting a bit out of control.

-Lay off of the godaddy.com people. It was HUMOR. You didn't see anything. And refund the fee they paid for the second spot that was pulled. That's a lot of cash.

-As much as I don't like the guy, I applaud T.O. for the performance that he put out there. That is something I like to call "Fighting Through It". Hell, I even doubted the decision to let him play.

-Memo to the University Of Southern California: THAT is a back-to-back champion. YOU are not.

2- MARDI GRAS

-For those of you that are not aware of how this works, basically it's a big party to get all of your dubachery out before Lent begins, with the culmination on Fat Tuesday (the day before Ash Wednesday, when Lent begins). Here, it's a fairly big deal, and my bar has a big to-do every year. This year was no exception, with lots of people giving and getting beads, drinking their fill, and dancing the night away with karaoke. I was a bit nervous about this day (I always am, along with St. Patrick's Day), but the night went by without any major problems, so I was happy about that.

-Ash Wednesday kind of creeps me out. As I was watching "Around The Horn" on ESPN yesterday, I saw Tony "Stat Boy" Reali with the traditional ash mark on his forehead (this is mainly done in the Catholic church, but others do it as well), and it's ALL I COULD SEE. I'm not here to knock anyone's traditions or beliefs, but that particular one's not for me.

3- THE PRO BOWL

- It's the NFL All-Star Game. They get a free trip to Hawaii and get to do a lot of cool stuff. The game means nothing. Moving on...

4- THE GRAMMYS

- I'll be watching this Sunday night. I am a big fan of the major award shows (sans the Billboard Awards; total whip), and this is one. I would do my predictions, but there's like a bazillion categories, so just watch and think that I picked EVERY ONE correctly.

Enjoy your weekend, and we'll do this again soon.

BB

No comments: