Thursday, January 06, 2011

New Releases For The Week Of 01/02/2011

I hope all of you had a great New Year's celebration, and let's get this thing started!

Again, this week, the only new releases we did not cover on The Clubhouse With Rob & Cody were in your local DVD/Blu-Ray stores, so here's what we've got:

- Top Chef: D.C.: My wife watches this show, so I put this in there for her.  Hey, SOMETIMES she reads this thing.

- UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez: Given recent events with Lesnar, this fight takes on a different light when you watch it now.

- Gone With The Wind (Blu-Ray): I had to watch this movie in 7th Grade American History class with Mrs. Lapay.  It took us a week.  I vowed to never sit through it again.  I haven't.

- Catfish: This is the flick that starts out with a dude who meets a chick on-line and goes to visit her.  Then apparently, things get odd.  When reviews say, "This is the film Hitchcock never directed," that tells me two things: 1 - I am intrigued, and 2 - Hitchcock didn't direct a LOT of films.

- Howl: This is a film where the versatile James Franco plays Alan Ginsburg, and the title comes from a very controversial poem he wrote that got him caught up in an obscenity trial.  I'm interested.

- Gun: This is a drama that is set in the drug trade.  The only reason that I put this here is for the cast: 50 Cent and Val Kilmer.  You read that right.

That's it for this week.  Make sure you join Cody and I each and every Tuesday night at 8 on the east coast and five on the west coast.  Get there from our website and enjoy!

BB

No comments: