Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Releases For The Week Of November 14th, 2010

It's time again, kids to check what else hits your stores that we didn't get to on The Clubhouse With Rob & Cody live each and every Tuesday night at 8 Eastern/5 Pacific on Ustream!  So here.  We.  GO!

New In Your DVD/Blu-Ray Store This Week

  • The Kids Are All Right
    • A lesbian couple raises their kids, and then the kids want to meet their biological father.  Julianne Moore and Annette Bening are the couple.
  • Cats & Dogs: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore
    • Enjoy THAT.
  • The Complete Metropolis
    • What many consider to be the original science-fiction movie has had some new footage uncovered recently, and the soundtrack has also been remastered.  If you are into older films, I am told by multiple sources that the transfer looks GREAT, and is worth the cash.
  • Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol
    • LOVED this cartoon growing up (I refuse to acknowledge the Leslie Nielsen debacle), and do remember watching this version growing up.  I still contend that this tale has been told WAY too many times, though.
  • Modern Times: Criterion Collection
    • The Charlie Chaplin classic gets the treatment from what Kevin Smith once called "The hallmark of movie collections".  He also had some choice words for DVD over Laserdisc that he later tounge-in-cheek took back.
  • Heroes: The Complete Series
    • Really.  Honestly.  The complete series is Season One.  Debate me.  I triple dog dare you.
  • The John Cena Experience
    • Sharla, this is for you.
  • The Last Airbender
    • I am shocked that this absolute financial failure took this long to get to DVD.  I do kinda feel bad for Shyamalan because he couldn't name it the animated series it was based on because Cameron stole "Avatar".


New In Your Local Music Store This Week

  • "30 Rock" Soundtrack
    • I am told there is some audio gold here.  I'll give it a spin, as I love the show.  Congrats to Tina Fey and the crew on some GREAT success!
  • "Tangled" Soundtrack
    • The movie comes out next week as Disney tries to get this holiday release thing back under control.  Looks like it could be fun, but I'm not sure I need the music from it.
  • "Glee
    • The Christmas Album": I think this pretty much explains itself.
That's it for this week, my friends!  Hope to have you on with us Sunday afternoon at 6:30 Eastern/ 3:30 Pacific for our Survivor Series pre-show, and then Tuesday night at 8 Eastern/5 Pacific for another LIVE edition of The Clubhouse With Rob & Cody  Join us, won't you?

BB

No comments: