Thursday, November 04, 2010

Extra Releases For The Week Of November 1st, 2010

Starting this week, and hopefully each week, I will be taking New Releases for movies, DVD/Blu-Ray, and music that we don't get to on The Clubhouse With Rob & Cody, which you can get to from The Show's Official Website and putting them here, so we can still highlight great stuff that you should check out!

DVD/Blu-Ray

  • Phil Collins: Going Back Live
    • This is a concert he did in his native country of England to coincide with his new cover album of 60's R&B classics.  I'd rent it, but he is also one of my leaders.  So take that for what you are paying for it.
  • The Rolling Stones: Let's Spend The Night Together
    • Another concert film.  You gotta admit: these cats are still getting it done live.
  • Centurion
    • Mark Cuban's company does their version of Robin Hood/300/Spartacus.  But it does have Dominic West in it, so it's got that going for it.  Which is nice.
  • Mad About You: Season 5
    • Only really watched a handful of episodes of this show.  Thought the finale was kinda weak.
  • The Big 4: Live From Sofia Bulgaria
    • Metallica.  Slayer.  Anthrax.  Megadeth.  Do I really need to say any more here?
  • Highlander: Director's Cut and Highlander 2 (Blu-Ray)
    • There can be only one.  Or two.  Or three. Or four and a TV show.
  • The Sound Of Music (Blu-Ray)
    • One of my wife's favorite movies.  Always found it kinda strange under the surface.
  • V: Season 1
    • This is the new version ABC is doing.  And that's what I have to say about that.
  • The Facts Of Life: Season 5
    • I actually watched this show when I was a kid and didn't realize it went this long.
  • Beverly Hills, 9021: Season 10
    • The final season of the original.  Again, I stopped watching when they graduated high school.  Cody was a fan all the way through.  He still is.
  • Christmas Treats
    • This features Christmas episodes of Happy Days, Mork & Mindy, The Odd Couple, Cheers, and The Beverly Hillbillies.  And at some point, I think Kevin Bacon shows up somewhere.
  • UFC: The Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights
    • I really put this in here for Misty, if I'm being perfectly honest.  And I really think that is what America expects from me.
  • The Wiz (Blu-Ray)
    • Made half of it's budget theatrically.  Actually made more than the other half in the home video market.
  • UFC 118
    • In case you missed it before.  This was the Couture vs. Toney fight as the co-main event, and you also had Penn vs. Edgar.  So there you go.
  •  WWE Hell In A Cell
    • I was there.  That's the only reason I will own it.
  • Winnebago Man
    • I actually want to see this documentary about this dude that is a YouTube sensation where he's just cussing like a sailor.  I've heard good f****n things.
  • TNA Hard Core Justice
    • They couldn't use "ECW" for this thing.  That's all you need to know.  And I'd almost take WWE's Tuesday night version of ECW over this.  Almost.
  • Katt Williams: 9 Lives
    • This guy's bits about getting shot and driving a Chrysler 300 alone gets him credibility with me.
Music Releases
  • Joe - Home Is The Essence Of Christmas
    • One of the most underrated R&B artists of our time.  Go back and check out some of his stuff when you get a chance.
  • Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas II You
    • The roman numeral is because this is her second Christmas album, following up 2004's "Merry Christmas".  Really enjoyed the first one, and this will be her last holiday season before becoming a mother.
That's all we've got for this week.  Remember to listen to The Clubhouse With Rob & Cody every Tuesday night at 8 Eastern/5 Pacific.  And if you miss us live, go to the page anyway to listen to all of our archived shows!  Hope to have you with us then!

BB

No comments: