Wednesday, June 21, 2006

To All Of The Haters

For the last couple of weeks, I have taken my share of ribbings for the NBA Finals.

Now, for those of you that are not aware, I was raised in the Fort Lauderdale area, so naturally, I am a supporter of the teams I spent my youth watching. Naturally, this includes the Miami Heat, who just wrapped up a series with the Dallas Mavericks by winning, 4 games to 2.

I live in Dallas.

Now, I am not the kind of guy that talks a lot of smack, as I don't like to put any bad karma on my team. I have taken a lot of flack from the Dallas fans (not all of them, but a good cross section), but I have said that I would be happy either way, as I enjoy the Mavericks as well.

This all being said, I would like to send the following statement to the Maverick fans:

Stop whining.

The Mavericks lost this series, especially in Game 6. There were blown calls on both sides of the ball, but don't blame the loss on that. Look at the numbers, and you'll see that the Mavs couldn't hit the side of a barn in that game if they were standing in front of it. At the end of the game, when Jason Terry shot the 3 to tie and go into overtime, I thought it was going in. He had a clean look, and from that angle, Terry is automatic. I couldn't even believe it when that ball bounced out of the rim.

Also, does Dirk Nowitzki not realize that he is seven feet tall? DRIVE TO THE HOLE. If you challenge somebody, you will draw the foul, and unlike Shaq, you can make free throws. You are supposed to lead this team; you need to do so.

The other thing that I don't think that the Mavs fans realize is that they will be back to the Finals sooner than I feel that the Heat will be. They are young, and they've now got the first Final jitters out of the way. You have to look at the positive and learn from the negative. Stop drinking the Kool Aid that the Mavs can do no wrong, and move forward.

I enjoyed this series, but I'm glad it's over. My blood pressure couldn't handle a Game 7.

Until next time...

BB

No comments: