Friday, June 30, 2006

SummerBamm XXXIII Weekend

Well, it's that time of year when we celebrate the anniversary of my hatching. It was 33 years ago this coming Sunday, in the small town of Greenfield, Iowa, that I was introduced to this world. It's kinda hard to believe that I am a third of the way to 100, but my thirties have been the time of my life so far. There will be the big party at the house tomorrow, and I am anticipating this one being bigger than last year. The pool is actually clear and running (for the most part... there are some small problems that we can get through the party with), the grill will be doing its thing, and good times being had by all.

My mom usually calls me on my b-day just to say "I'm glad it's not years ago today!" It's a bit of schtick that's been going on for a while now, and I also try to get a hold of her first to beat her to the punch. She got me some Bluetooth wireless headphones for my mp3 player, which will help out a lot at the gym.

I've really been trying to recommit my self to the gym in the last month or so. I try to go every day that something doesn't get in my way. I don't think I've lost more than a couple of pounds so far, but I have more energy and I feel better, so that's a start. Plus, I'm doing some resistance training, so some of the fat I am sure is turning to muscle. God, I hope so.

That's really about it, so raise your glass on Sunday to say Happy Birthday to ME!

BB

No comments: