Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Special My Tookus

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and figured I'd take a few minutes to rant on it. I'm not guaranteeing any greatness, but here goes...

How can you release a "Special Edition" of a movie on DVD if there is no other edition available. I mean, for something to be special, it has to be compared to something else. If there is nothing else to compare it to, it's just normal. I understand that there are marketing people out there that think that it will sell more DVDs, but to me it's just stupid.

Now, do I think that the studios should release a "bare-bones" version of their films along with the "Special Edition" to make it more special? Wouldn't hurt. Plus, there are a lot of people out there that are not as geeky as me that would be more apt to purchase a "bare-bones" film at a bit of a lower price. Hell, they still make full-screen movies, and if you are apt to buy a full-screen DVD over a widescreen one, then you should just take the DVD player back to the Wal-Mart that you bought it from and stick with your VCR. I can understand that for most TV shows you have to have full-screen, but not movies. "Pan and scan" just sucks. No other way to put it.

And give me a widescreen version of "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective" before I take hostages.

Later.

BB

No comments: